The ghost utilises the buttons present in your cars, such as those in the steering wheel or door panels to create a pin code. You must enter that pin code every time you want to drive your car. Without this pin code, thieves can’t start the engine of your vehicle.
The ghost immobiliser communicates with the Engine Control Unit (ECU) on the CAN network. Using CAN reduces risk during installation while also lowering detection.
- PIN code via buttons on steering wheel/dash
- Unique user changeable PIN code
- No wire cutting means safer installations
- Undetectable using diagnostics
- No radio frequency signals
- Immobilisation by communicating with the ECU
- Prevents Key Cloning and ECU Swapping
- Silent, no relay operation
- Secure, unique emergency code
- Cannot be bypassed using standard theft methods
- Uses the on-board CAN data network
- Service / Valet mode means the PIN code is never compromised
- No additional fobs
Key features of the ghost immobiliser
Installation of a ghost immobiliser does not require cutting into wires; It also facilitates immobilisation through its ECU communication. Thieves would depend on diagnostics to detect cuts on vehicles; making it easier for them to steal.
The ghost prevents ECU swapping and key cloning, meaning that a thief can’t replace the ECU or use another key to start your vehicle.
The pin is required to be able to start the engine, because the ghost immobiliser doesn't have any radio frequency signals, a thief is unable to use RF scanning to detect the vehicles’ security devices.
Benefits of the ghost immobiliser
The ghost ensures your vehicle’s safety against, key cloning, and hacking. A thief can’t start the engine of your car if they don’t have your pin code the ghost does not reveal its location since it does not have LED indicators or key fobs.
The ghost uses a pin code containing sequences that range between four and twenty characters. When entered, the engine starts without the pin the vehicle is useless to anyone.
How to use a ghost immobiliser
After having a ghost immobiliser system in your vehicle, authorise vehicle start-up by entering your pin code. There are also mobile phone applications which connect your phone to your car and allow your vehicle to start once you get in with your phone.